Tuesday, September 25, 2007

DEPENDING ON GOD

FROM A WOMAN'S PERSPECTIVE #2

Last week our son and daughter-in-law had an appointment with Grady’s 4th grade teacher. What a gift our grandchildren were given from a friend who has paid for two years of their education at Charlotte Christian! There are some teachers who just seem to have an extra God-given desire to help make their students the very best that they can be.

The one comment that has burned in my heart for this week was what that teacher said to them on that day: If I can help Grady identify his weaknesses this year and show him how to depend on God to help overcome those weaknesses, I will have accomplished my goal! Wow!!

Each day that I live I want the Holy Spirit, my Teacher, to help me identify my weaknesses and show me how to depend on God to help overcome them. It’s so easy just to “slide through life” and excuse ourselves instead of constantly trying to become more like Christ!

Today, September 25th, is the first anniversary of my sweet Mother’s homegoing. I have not grieved for her because I know that this has been the most awesome year of her Life, but I have missed her greatly. I have missed her encouraging words of “you can do it!....I am praying for you…trust God because He is faithful and will take care of all your cares!” Just a few months before Mother died, I prepared for her a Creative Memory Album entitled, My Mother…My Teacher. In it I was able to thank her for teaching me so many of life’s greatest lessons, not only through her words, but through her example. At the very back of the book I included the following quote from Roy Lessin:

"When we look back and wonder how we ever made it this far, we realize it is not because we have been clever, but because God has been wise…not because we have been strong, but because God has been mighty…not because we have been consistent, but because God has been faithful!"

Lord, teach us to identify our weaknesses, but then depend on You to be our Strength!

-Madell Price

No comments: